Vaneessa Sudan is an Autism Consultant based in Hertfordshire, with a wealth of knowledge and skills for supporting children and young adults with a diagnosis of Autism or a Social Communication Difficulty.
Alongside this, Vaneessa also works for Enfield Advisory Service for Autism (EASA) in North London as an Advisory Teacher for Autism. This role involves delivering nationally recognised, accredited Autism Education Trust programmes, (Early Years, Schools programmes and Post 16), support and consultancy to school staff. Vaneessa is also a member of a multi-disciplinary team working with private health professionals involved in the assessment of a diagnosis of Autism for children and young people, where she provides additional evidence as part of this diagnostic process and support for families during this time.
Vaneessa worked as a Specialist Advisory Teacher for Autism for over seven years for Hertfordshire County Council. This work included consultancy in early years, primary and secondary settings, staff training, parent training, attendance at Hertfordshire County Council panel meetings and tribunal work.
She has worked as an Inclusion Co-ordinator/SENCo in a number of primary schools, worked as a teacher in a Speech and Language unit, and SEN teaching within a range of year groups. She is familiar with procedures and processes leading to the application of an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) for children and the review paperwork. In addition to this, Vaneessa has worked as a Developing Special Provision Locally (DSPL) Manager within Hertfordshire.
Vaneessa has a B.Ed(Hons) in Primary Education from Sheffield and a Postgraduate Certificate in Autism (children) from Birmingham.
Vaneessa’s autism related training includes the following:
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- National Autistic Society (NAS) – EARLYBIRD PARENT PROGRAMME
- Autism Education Trust (AET) SCHOOLS PROGRAMME – Early Years, Schools programmes and Post 16
- AET Trainer
- INTENSIVE INTERACTION
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome (PDAS)
- ELKLAN TRAINER (Speech and Language/Autism)
- Social Communication Emotional Regulation Transactional Support (SCERTS)
- DELIVERING TRAINING – COUNTY, NAS EarlyBird, AET, bespoke SPECTRUM training
- Hertfordshire STEPS (Behaviour support)
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
Vaneessa’s Pathological Demand Avoidance training is supported by the PDA Society (pdasociety.org.uk) and Spectrum is recognised as a third party provider.
Due to Vaneessa’s training, expertise, knowledge and the many years of experience of working with children, schools and families, she is an ideal consultant to offer Autism, Social Communication Difficulty and SEND support for your specific needs.